Setting up your wheel-on trainer is easier than it looks. With some practice, you'll soon become an expert. This video walks you through the process step by step, demonstrating on a bike with a quick-release skewer, and a wheel-on Wahoo KICKR Snap trainer.
- Pick your spot. Make sure there’s enough room for your bike and the device you’re using to run Zwift. Also, make sure you have
access to power for the trainer. A strong WiFi signal is critical.
- Unfold the trainer.
- Plugin the trainer. The electrical port is underneath the trainer.
- Inflate your tires properly. 100 PSI is ideal for many road tires. Check your trainer’s instructions for more guidance.
- Open the blue handle to release the trainer’s clamping mechanism.
- Loosen the roller enough to align the trainer’s clamping mechanism with the skewer—make sure to use the skewer included with
- Align the quick-release skewer with the trainer’s clamp. The skewer’s clamp should be on the non-drive side. The roller should
be immediately behind the rear wheel.
- That’s it—you’re ready to Zwift!