Wondering how to get the eye-catching orange jersey you spotted on fellow Zwifters? This virtual kit belongs to the woman and man with the fastest current lap time on certain Zwift routes.
The start and end of a lap segment is marked by an arch or banner which also appears in the mini-map at the top-right of your screen. As you approach, a leaderboard appears on the left, rotating through others’ current times and your own personal records (PRs) from the past 30 days. Separate leaderboards are shown for men and women.
When you are close to the finish, a window at the top of the screen shows your time, the time of the next person on the leaderboard, the distance left to go, your estimated time of arrival (ETA), and your 30-day PR.
If you nab the top spot, hooray! Zwift celebrates your achievement for all to see by displaying the leader’s jersey on your avatar. Your time will stay on the leaderboard for an hour. You will keep the jersey until either that hour is up, someone else clocks a faster time, or you log out of Zwift.
Take a Lap
The lap jersey rewards strong sustained efforts on mixed terrain. To wear it, you must reach the top of the leaderboard on one of these routes:
- Watopia Hilly Route
- Watopia Jungle Circuit (special jersey design)
- London Loop
- Richmond UCI Worlds Route
- Innsbruck UCI Worlds Short Lap
- New York Park Perimeter Loop
At the right of the Zwift screen, segment leaders have icons next to their name showing the jerseys they hold. A U-turn arrow shows that a jersey was earned in the opposite direction. Leaders’ names are also highlighted in the Zwift Companion app.
If you earn a leader's jersey during an event, your avatar will begin wearing the jersey once the event ends.
Remember that while hitting the hills hard may help you go faster, you may also slow down if you use too much energy. For long efforts, careful pacing is important. Try finding another rider or group to draft—follow closely behind—to ride at a high speed with less effort. Learn more about drafting here.
- A leader’s jersey will disappear if you change direction, but it will return if you turn around.
- U-turns are not allowed in Richmond, but all other routes award lap jerseys in both directions.
- Laps on the Watopia Volcano Circuit are timed, and there is a lap counter at the start/finish arch, but it does not award a leader’s kit. Try setting a faster time each lap!
- Riders who top multiple leaderboards earn a “combined” kit (below) with elements from each jersey.