Complete your Zwift experience with Zwift Companion! This handy mobile app will help you get more out of Zwift. It allows you to connect and communicate with other Zwifters, acts as a remote control for your ride or run, and makes planning your next activity a breeze. You can even use it to plan on the go!
To get started, download Zwift Companion to your mobile device from the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Then open the application and log in with your Zwift credentials. Here’s what you’ll find!
Companion On the Go
There’s a lot you can do with Zwift Companion when you’re not using Zwift. The Home screen is divided into a few different sections, including Zwifting Now, Events, Activities, and Goals. Tap the orange header above any of these sections to see more. Select the navigation icons at the bottom (iOS), or tap the menu icon at the upper left corner (Android) to flip through the app’s pages.
Connect With Other Zwifters
- Zwift is most fun when you’re enjoying it with others! Look up Zwifters by name on the Find Zwifters page and follow them to see when they’re riding or running. On the Activities page, you can see the recent activities of people you follow, your favorites, or just you. See more here about using the activity feed in Zwift Companion.
- Tap any name in the Zwifting Now list to view their Zwift profile. When you’re scrolling through your followers, you can hit the thumb icon by a name to give that person an encouraging “Ride On.”
- Select the Clubs icon to see the clubs you currently belong to, applications you have sent, and invitations you have received. Select one to go to its club page. You also can search for new clubs to join. If you’re level 20 or above, you’ll also see a button to create your own club. Learn all about FutureWorks Clubs here.
- Go to Notifications to catch up on your recent notifications. For a shortcut to this page, tap the bell icon at the top right corner of the Home screen.
Browse and Join Events
- Social events are part of what makes Zwift so special. You can ride with your friends – and make new ones – anywhere in the world at any time of day. To find one, scroll through upcoming events on the Events page. You can filter the list with the “filters” button. Tap on any event to see more information, then hit the “+” beside a category to sign up. Learn more about how to find and join events here.
- With buttons at the top, you can choose between cycling events, running events, and Meetups. Find out more about Meetups and how to ride with friends.
Plan Your Training
- If you’re enrolled in a training plan, you’ll see a Training Plan section on the Home screen showing your progress and your upcoming workouts. Want to start a training plan? Click here to find out how.
- On the Goals page, you can view and set goals for yourself based on time and/or distance. You’ll see a little celebration with confetti in Zwift when you reach them!
Change Your Settings
- In the Settings menu, you can change your profile details, password, privacy settings, notification settings, and external app connections. You can also log out of the app from this section.
While you’re riding or running on Zwift, the Zwift Companion app should change to “Game” mode automatically. If you only see the Home screen, make sure your mobile device is connected to the same network as your Zwift device.
At the top of your screen are several tabs that lead to different pages.
- The Zwifters page shows you a list of Zwifters who are nearby, with an option to filter to just the ones you’re following. Tap the person icon at the top to put your name at the center. For a shortcut to the Find Zwifters page, tap the magnifying glass icon.
- Select any name in the Zwifters Nearby list to view their Zwift profile. Want to offer some encouragement? Learn how to give “Ride Ons.”
- To see messages from other Zwifters and reply to them, go to the Messages page. See our guide on how to talk to other Zwifters.
See What’s Happening
- By default in “Game” mode, you’ll see the Map page. It shows a map of your current world, with your location marked with an arrow and other Zwifters shown as dots. Tap on a dot to see who it is! Zoom in or out by tapping on the +/- circle, and change the orientation by tapping the compass. You can also see your current ride or run stats.
- For a better view of your ride or run data, you can switch to the Dashboard page. See your power, speed, distance, total elevation, elapsed time, cadence, and heart rate all on one screen.
- Swipe on the bar at the bottom of the Map page to scroll through menu buttons for different actions. Learn more about the Action Bar buttons here.
- If you have a PowerUp, you can use it by hitting the circle at the top left of the Map or the button at the bottom of the Dashboard. Learn about PowerUps and what they do.
Enhance Your Workouts
- When you’re in workout mode, the Workout page will replace the Dashboard. Check out our guide to using Zwift Companion for workouts.
Pair Bluetooth Devices
- To use Zwift Companion as a bridge to pair your devices, tap the Bluetooth icon at the top of the screen. If you are using an iOS device, you may need to enable “Device Connection” in your Settings menu first. Find out more here about pairing your devices with Bluetooth through Zwift Companion.
Ready to Zwift with the help of a new Companion? Download Zwift Companion to your mobile device and bring it along on your next activity!