The first smart fan designed for indoor cycling, the Wahoo KICKR HEADWIND is a powerful addition to any ride. Follow the directions below to pair the fan with a trainer.
- Place the KICKR HEADWIND on a stable surface.
- Plug the KICKR HEADWIND into a power source.
- Press the power button and turn it on.
- To control the HEADWIND manually, scroll to the right using the right arrow (▹), and select one of four airflow intensities.
- Select either “Speed” or “Heart Rate Mode” for direct pairing to a trainer or sensor. Airflow increases as you speed up.
To pair directly with a trainer, press the left button once to select SPD and enter Speed mode.
To pair directly with a Heart Rate Sensor, press the left button again to select HR, and enter Heart Rate mode.
- SPD and HR lights blink when searching for sensors. Hold the power button for 3 seconds to begin searching for unpaired ANT+ enabled sensors and trainers.
- Activate and hold the sensor near the KICKR HEADWIND. For trainers, keep the HEADWIND within 9ft (3m) for best results.
- The selected mode light on the KICKR HEADWIND becomes solid when paired.