Here’s how to interact with others when running on Zwift. Chatting with others helps you get to know other runners and ask questions to the group. For the best chat experience, download the free Zwift Companion app to your tablet or your phone. Pro tip: chatting is best at mellow speeds.
- Use the Group Text button on the app to send messages to everyone within 500 meters.
- Use the chat box next to individual runners to send private messages.
- Finding it tough to type while you run? You’re not the only one. On both Android and iOS devices, click the microphone button at
the bottom right of your keyboard to dictate a message. Press Enter to send.
- If you’re using a keyboard, press "M" to send a message to everyone within 500 meters.
- Another way to interact while you Zwift is by sending a Ride On. A Ride On is a blue thumbs-up sent between Zwifters. Use
them often. Here’s how to send one.
In-game: select their name from the Zwifters Nearby list on the right side of the screen. Click the thumbs-up icon next to their
name. The Ride On thumb briefly appears above their head along with your name. This feature is disabled while in workout
mode, so you can focus on your session.
Zwift Companion: tap the Zwifter's name in the Zwifter list and tap the thumbs-up icon.
- When someone gives you a Ride On, you'll see the Ride On thumb above your head, with the sender’s name at the top of your
- Happy chatting. Ride On.