New York’s Central Park has arrived on Zwift! This new course is a reimagined urban oasis, set in the world of tomorrow. Zwifters at all levels can explore the routes and climb high above the park. With no red lights, cars, or parents pushing strollers to slow you down, the Park is your new place to train.
BUILDING THE PARK
To fully assess the size and scale of the urban park, our art team flew to NYC for a recon mission. Using GPS equipment and 360° cameras, they captured the exact dimensions and marked iconic landmarks to feature in-game. Do a loop and you’ll find inspired recreations of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Guggenheim Museum, Empire State Building, Tavern on the Green, Belvedere Castle, and more. After months of construction, we gave world champion track racer and NYC native Mike McCarthy a test ride.
“So good I could ride it with my eyes closed and know exactly where I am. ”- Mike McCarthy
GET A GLIMPSE OF TOMORROW
So what’s different about Zwift’s Central Park? A whole lot! Ride or run in both directions, instead of just one. A new climb puts you on roads that float high above the ground, and into the future. Scattered throughout the landscape are modernized touches.
Robot horse-drawn carriages, cars that need neither gas nor road, and more surprises. Nowhere is this more awesome than on the climb. Make your way to the summit and catch the views as you head back down.
THE NEW ROUTES
- The 6 Train Distance: 4.0mi // 6.5km. Elevation: 226ft // 69m.
- The shortest route around the park. Flat, fast, and fun. Named for the most direct subway route between Grand Central Station and Central Park.
- The High Line Distance: 6.5mi // 10.5km. Elevation: 587ft // 179m.
- A nod to the landscaped High Line Park, this “ride in the skies” route sticks to the elevated roads, and loops at the KOM arch.
- Astoria Line 8 Distance: 7.2mi// 11.5km. Elevation: 465ft // 142m.
- Named for the first NYC subway line, this figure 8 path loops around the park.
- LaGuardia Loop Distance: 1.7mi // 2.7km. Elevation: 89ft // 27m.
- Quick and fast lap for special events only. Named for famed NYC mayor Fiorello LaGuardia.
- Everything Bagel Distance: 21.3mi // 34.3km. Elevation: 1789ft // 545m.
- A delicious route with all your favorite toppings. Hit the Sprint and KOM in both directions on this long, looping route.
- Grand Central Circuit Distance: 4.2mi // 6.8km. Elevation: 472ft // 144m.
- A circuit course that takes the steep route up and down the KOM with a short loop around the Sprint in between. Unlike the trains that run through Grand Central Station, these roads go magically up.
- Knickerbocker Distance: 13.9mi // 22.4km. Elevation: 1197ft // 365m.
- This mostly flat route has some grit and kick to it, with one trip up the KOM via the steep route.
- Lady Liberty Distance: 7.7mi // 12.3km. Elevation: 674ft // 206m.
- A steep climb that winds up to the KOM just like the famous Statue’s torch, followed by a long lap around the park.
- Mighty Metropolitan Distance: 12.5mi // 20.0km. Elevation: 1045 ft // 318m.
- Make massive moves over meadows and most of the park in this meandering mega loop.
- Park Perimeter Loop Distance: 6.1mi // 9.7km. Elevation: 413ft ft // 126m.
- Tour the outermost loop of the park on this fun and snappy course.
- Rising Empire Distance: 12.9mi // 20.7km. Elevation: 1234ft // 376m.
- Hit the KOM in both directions on this climber’s course.
- Flat Irons Distance: 9.2mi // 14.8km. Elevation: 479ft // 146m.
- Run two laps of the Shuman Trail with a long lap of the park in between. Flat Irons is named for the downtown Flatiron district.
- Hudson Roll Distance: 5.6mi // 9.0 km. Elevation: 272ft // 80m.
- Take a lap of the reservoir before braving the inner loop on the park roads.
- Shuman Trail Loop: Runners Only! Distance: 1.6mi// 2.5km. Elevation: 29ft // 9m.
- Explore the sanctuary around the reservoir on this sneaker friendly path. You won’t find cyclists on this section.
It’s time to get on Zwift! If you want some company, check out the event calendar for group rides and workouts. The Tour of New York is our inaugural multi-stage event — finish all 5 stages to unlock the official kit. Sign up on the calendar page or Zwift Companion (Download ZC on iOS App Store or the Google Play Store). Wherever you Zwift, welcome to New York!
- Eric Min's Big Apple Bike Ride: Oct 20 / 7 am BST
- Eric Min's Big Apple Run: Oct 21 / 7 am BST
- Tour of New York: Oct 23 - Nov 3