Give it up for the ladies of Zwift!
March is Women’s History Month, and in honor of all the spectacular women chasing their fitness goals, we’re launching a number of next-level events aimed at giving a platform to the women of Zwift. There’s something fun for every kind of runner. No matter your age, skill level, or running abilities, there will be an event for you.
Here’s what we have in store:
Happy Hour Workouts
Because it’s 5 o’clock somewhere. We’re inviting women everywhere to join these social run/walk workouts. Aimed at getting your steps in, Happy Hour Workouts are active recoveries perfect for meeting other members of the Zwift community. Conversation comes naturally during the walks, and there will be no shortage of Zwifters to chat with. These events go down at 5:30 p.m. in various time zones on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Zwift Tuesday Run Club
Looking to take Turn It Up Tuesday to the next level? We’ve got it covered. This month, we’re inviting women from Zwift to lead runs every Tuesday. Good conversation? Friendly motivation? We have it all. If you want in, look for the “Zwift HQ” badge on the Turn It Up Tuesday event to sign up and say “hi!”
Take a run on Zwift. Any day. Any time. Do this enough, and you’re bound to come across some top-tier athletes. You might even see an Olympian making the best of a treadmill sesh. Just like you. Every Thursday this March, you’ll have an opportunity to run alongside a top woman runner in the Gamechangers series. Chat them up, learn something new, and have a blast.
- March 5: Gold Medal Olympian triathlete-turned-runner, Gwen Jorgensen, is leading the first-ever Gamechangers run. Join the fun and try to keep up as she trains for the 10,000m Olympic Trials qualifying event later this year.
- March 8: For a very special International Women’s Day run, we’ll be joined by 2017, 2018, and 2019 IRONMAN World Championship runner-up and multi-IRONMAN Champ Lucy Charles-Barclay. This girl’s a beast when it comes to endurance running—think you can hang?
- March 12: A woman who can crush any distance, 2:44 marathoner Andrea Diethers will be the special guest on this run. She just had a child, and still continues to crush it out there. Curious how she does it? Ask away.
- March 19: Olympian middle-distance and steeplechase runner (not to mention Jamaican record-holder), Aisha Praught-Leer leads the fourth Gamechangers workout. She’s prepping for a 1,500m Olympic Trials event repping Team Jamaica, so be sure to pick her brain for any tips and tricks.
- March 26: 14x IRONMAN 70.3 Champion and 2016 IRONMAN 70.3 World Champion Holly Lawrence joins the community for a run. Jump on alongside her and join the fun, or send in questions for her to answer live.
Check out your Zwift Companion app to see what time works out for you and meet more people in the Zwift community.
See you on the road!